Friday, October 3, 2008

I think far too many college students are content with the campus eatery. I often wonder while I’m waiting in line behind the 15 people ahead of me, where are all the other choices? We move ahead at a snail’s pace, only to find that the item we were about to order is sold out for today. So what do you do?


I settled for plan B and paid seven dollars for a sandwich I really didn’t want in the first place, silently grumbled about the lack of service, and tried to find an open seat. I admit that I gripe a little more than I would like in sharing this story, but my experience brings up the question of the college eatery consensus. I confess that I'm a sucker for the Monday and Wednesday morning biscuits and gravy, but why do we settle for so little?

One solution to the problem is to try the alternative. Why not cross the street and eat somewhere else? I pay less money for more food, and spend less time waiting for the more important task of clogging my arteries- which is what I was really waiting for in the first place, right?


The better solution is, of course, to just bring a sack lunch to school and save myself the time and money. In the meantime though, why settle for the campus eatery experience?

No comments: